Monday, December 8, 2008

Cowboy Class Cowboy and Horse



Here are two photos of me and J.D. leading a class discussion of horses and tack at the Snyder Spread in idyllic Salem this past September.

Notice the custom-made, award-winning (2nd place at Elko) Mike Keetch saddle I'm riding. My goal is to become worthy of that saddle.

I've taken advantage of the beautiful Indian summer we've had this fall to do some riding with J.D. He's not Ben by any stretch, but he's good with kids and is learning to rein better. He remains stubborn and lazy, but is not at all jumpy like Ricks.

2 comments:

Treidi said...

"no one sits a horse like Professor Phil"

kate said...

So will JD ever be Dr. JD, or will he continue being satisfied with just a masters? Either way, I hope you guys keep team teaching...it looks like a great partnership.

Can't wait to see the saddle in real life! :)